Thursday, December 13, 2012

Favorite exercises during pregnancy.

i have been taking boxing and kickboxing exercise classes since 2007.  let's be clear, these are fitness classes.  no sparing for me.  if i couldn't continue to go to my gym throughout my pregnancy, i'm pretty sure some form of sadness/depression would ensue.  i figured that some of you may be curious as to which exercises i did throughout my pregnancy.  but first, here is a pic of my favorite boxing/kickboxing instructor, anthony.  he's a goofball.  this picture is so wrong in so many ways.  what was he thinking trying to punch a pregnant woman! lol. 

check me out parrying his punch!  hehehe.
at 30 weeks, i'm not boxing much anymore.  i do like to go to the classes and do my own thing.  there is a certain energy level when you exercise with others that you just cannot get by exercising by yourself.  here are a few of my favorite exercises i did and am still doing to make sure i maintain some sort of muscle tone.

  1. squats/lounges
  2. pregnancy push ups
  3. planks and side planks
  4. any type of arm exercises.  i like to use 3 lb weights.
just listen to your body and don't over do it.  drink lots of water before, during, and after your workout. as long as you were active before and your doctor gives you the A-OK, exercising throughout your pregnancy is one of the best things you could do for yourself and your baby. 


and here is a much better photo of anthony and i.  this was taken today after the noon boxing class i like to go to.

1 comment: