Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bob. You know, the haircut.

my hair is stick straight. it's nearly impossible to curl, let alone have the curls stay curly. so, after some internet research, i decided to get a digital perm from star east hair and beauty. and so began the love affair with digitally permed hair, which occurred twice a year for 2 years. after those awesome 2 years of having perfectly wavy hair, my hair felt alarmingly a little thinner! so, after a frantically frenzied deliberation within myself i came up with the solution of cutting all of my damaged hair off. i bit the bullet and got a bob cut. surprisingly, i really loved it...and so did everyone else, apparently. literally i would be talking to someone and they would interrupt me to tell me how much they loved my hair. go figure?! here were some inspirational pics that i pinned on pinterst. all pics were taken from google images.

this one's my favorite
i also really loved this one
and here's another front shot

not that you care, but i have decided to grow out my hair. this post is more of a reminder for me to not cut it when it gets to that "in-between" stage that is just hideous. i'm hoping my hair will look more like...

this...

or this...

or even this!
but alas, i'm no heidi klum or jennifer anniston. so my hair will probably be up in a ponytail looking more like a nubin, being held together with a ton of bobby pins.

here are 3 of the best hairstylists in the bay that just 'do the bob (no pun intended...lol) so well: joanne encarnacion (she's a genius, but doesn't cut hair anymore), daisy barajas @ shampoo dolls), and ivette @ rain salon.

have you cut your hair really short and then decided to grow it out? i'd love to hear about some ways to get me through that "in-between" stage.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to digitally perm your hair now, which sounds kind of cute too. You should post your before hair so people or I could see the difference again. Cute cuts. I could not do the bob. You have thicker hair than I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no more digital perms for me. too much damage. i might have to start dying my hair since more and more greys are starting to pop up. it's funny though bc i love your hair! it's kind of ombre-ish.

      Delete