Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Dear 'Ol Pop

that's right, i call my dad, Pop. not sure why or how "Pop" came to be, but it stuck. was it weird that i was sort of embarrassed that i called my dad "Pop" when i was growing up since all my friends called their dads "dad"? but somehow i could never say dad, even though i wanted to so bad. my vocal cords just rejected it. oh tween angst...it just shows how feeling or thinking one is different can put a number on a kid. oh to be 13 again...no thank you.  BTW, now i say "Pop" with conviction =)

back to my Pop. he's the hardest working man i know. and he loves his children like no other. so i'm pretty blessed. he's always thinking of us and would literally, i kid you not, drop anything and everything if we ever needed him. he has his quirks, but that makes him who he is and i wouldn't have it any other way. so to here's to you Pop! luv ya!

here he is walking me down the aisle on my wedding day.
 i love how his back is straight, his shoulders are pulled back,
and his head is held high. i think it's the proudest i've ever seen him.

and this is where he was "giving" me away to my future husband.
doesn't he look so happy? i'm pretty sure he's beaming because there was
no doubt in his mind that i was in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment