Monday, September 10, 2012

Where's the beef?

well, you aren't going to find it over here.  beef has been the culprit of many sleepless nights.  it causes major gas, indigestion, and bloating for me.  if i eat large quantities of meat, it seems to take me at least 2 days for it to digest. so far, the safest bet during this pregnancy has been the good 'ol trusty chicken.  it's strange, because non-pregnant me would normally pick a juicy medium rare steak any day over boring chicken. so while my taste buds would normally go nuts over...

this

lately, i seem to best stomach...

this.
particularly...

this. 

in case you don't know what this is, it's chicken katsu.  and what's even more perplexing to me, is that normal, non-pregnanat me doesn't care for hawaiian food. go figure?!  so far, chicken katsu has been the only meal i have fully enjoyed and not have had to endure any miserable repercussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment