Thursday, December 6, 2012

Update on fundal height.

remember when i posted about a higher than "normal" (i put normal in quotation marks, because...really...what and who is exactly "normal") fundal height at 28 weeks? because i am who i am, i completely rearranged my schedule so that i can get an ultrasound sooner than thursday.  i got one on tuesday.  and yes, 2 days makes a difference for me.  i ideally wanted it to be on monday, but the clinic could not accommodate me.  sorry, let me cut to the chase.  everything is "normal".  i'm actually kinda glad i got another detailed ultrasound at 28 weeks.  gabriella is much bigger now and doesn't look so much like an alien anymore.  wanna see some cool ultrasound photos?  wait, lets recap, because you know i like doing that ;-)

4 weeks: it all started with a simple, faint, blue
+ sign.

6 weeks: no blighted ovum here!
we have a yolk sac people!!

8 weeks: is that a fetal pole i see?!
aaaaaaaand we have a heart beat!!
14 weeks: finally, we have a baby =)

28 weeks: and now we have a bigger baby.  estimated weight
is 3 lbs.
and here is a video in 4D of her smiling.  we both think she looks like me.  she has my filipino nose and big lips, lol.


we are so over the moon and grateful that baby gabriella is healthy.  the sonographer not only measured her size and amniotic fluid levels, but she also took images of all her major organs.  and when the radiologist came in and told me everything looked great i must have had the biggest smile on my face.  third trimester...bring it on ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment