Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy weekend.

i'll be super busy this weekend.  john's family from san diego is here for his cousin's wedding on saturday.  and sunday is my aunt's birthday.  we've been spoiled with pretty stellar weather these last couple of days, but the forecast is predicting rain...boo...

i'll leave you with a few photos i took this week of a dish i made: crock pot teriyaki chicken.  i got the recipe from lake lure cottage kitchen.  i used chicken breasts and omitted the cornstarch because i didn't have any in my pantry.  it was bangin'.  and super easy to make.  the husband ate 2 chicken breasts in 1 sitting!  since i've rediscovered my crock pot, stay tuned for more recipes that i'll be trying.

my trusty, red crock pot.  thanks cousin for buying me one =)

yes, that's raw chicken.

the ingredients.  the recipe called for ginger and garlic separately.
but i had a jar in my fridge that conveniently minced both ingredients
for me.

this is what the sauce looked like before i poured it over the chicken.

sauce + chicken

the recipe said to cook it on low for 4 hours.  but i knew we wouldn't
be able to wait that long for lunch.
so i cooked it on high for 3 hours and it turned out just fine.

i simmered the sauce for 15 minutes with the hope that it would get thicker.
no such luck.  the cornstarch would've been a nice addition. 

this is my plate. i ate mine with a little brown rice and some raw spinach.
totally healthy and delicious.

have a great weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a crockpot. This is the kind of eating I like to do. very California.

    ReplyDelete